Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day Twenty; D.C.

I have learned to listen to my son when it comes to the condition of campground bathrooms. We didn't bother showering at Raccoon Creek Park. We slept a little late and had plans on visiting, nearby, Zach's Great Uncle Bill. I have not seen Bill in over 8 years. We had a nice visit for an hour and had to get going if we were going to find a place to stay in the D.C. area. We rolled into town around 5:30 pm. Traffic was heavy around I-495. I was almost completely out of cash and had to go to the men's room in the worst way. I was driving on toll expressway and was completely lost. Even though I had the assistance of Ms. Garmin, I didn't have a clue where to go. I managed to find the Sheraton to hit the head. Panic was over with at that point. I found the Wingate Hotel, a place I had stayed a year and a half ago. THe rates had raised a little since then but the idea of a nice clean hotel was what was really needed. There is a Longhorn Steakhouse right out front. I got one of the last rooms available.

No comments:

Post a Comment