Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day Thirteen: Petoskey, Michigan


This Morning, I knew it was time to resume travel and continue on to see some more sites. The weather in Michigan was forecast to be rainy and cloudy in the lower portion of the state, however, it appeared to be a little nicer in the upper region of the lower peninsula. I figured Mackinac Island would be a great place to go. I have not been there since 1975 and I know my son would enjoy a place with no cars - just horse drawn carriages and bicycles. Since there was a chance of rain, and the weekday rates at the hotels aren't bad, we decided to leave the tent behind; besides, Grandma and Grandpa would be coming along and this would be better for everyone. We left a little after noon and arrived in Petoskey around 7 o'clock pm. Petoskey has always been a family favorite of places to visit in Michigan. In the morning, we will make our way to Mackinac City as long as the weather holds out.

No comments:

Post a Comment