Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Back on the Road

It has been a very long time since my last post. Wow. A lot has happened since then including job changes, traveling and different summer activities. I am sitting here in my hotel room (working) and thought, "Why have I not been posting?" I do have the time now so here it is.

In a nutshell, since my last posting, which was on that month-long camping trip with my son, I went on a cruise with the family to Alaska (fantastic time) in honor of my mom and dad's 50th anniversary, started a new job with an airline I have worked for before. Spent a year at that airline, as a pilot/manager, and now working for a newer airline, as a pilot flying passengers internationally.

In the summer of 2011 I bought a used 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and then bought a new 20' travel trailer. It is a KZ Sportsman Classic. Ever since tent camping with my boy, I vowed I would get an RV. I purchased it in Michigan last summer while visiting my family and drove it back to Florida with my son (he is now 12). The purpose of buying the trailer was to be able to spend more quality time with him. He and I have been out camping four times since its purchase. The first was on the way home from MI. The second was local, Jonathan Dickenson State Park, near Hobe Sound, FL. Labor Day Weekend was spend camping at Bahia Honda in the Florida Keys (best trip ever). And the last was Okeechobee, FL at a KOA. That was most recent.

Now it's back to work flying, waiting til January where I can get a couple of days off and do some more camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment