Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day Ninteen; On the Road Again

Day 18 was spent packing and getting ready to start making our way back to Florida. At dinner, my bro-in-law, Bruce, suggested Zach and I go to Washington D.C. Great Idea, bro! We left Tuesday around noon and drove the extremely boring ride on the Ohio Turnpike to Raccoon Creek State Park in Pennsylvania, just west of Pittsburgh. I found a treasure of a campsite after driving around the park. I was getting pretty worried when I noticed that many of the sites where not exactly level. The staff at this park were very friendly and helpful. I called from the road to get some info and when I arrived, the ranger I met said they were expecting me. Nice folks. We managed to get some firewood at a nearby mom and pop convenience store. Since we were in PA, I learned that beer had to be purchased at a state store or a bar carry-out. I chose the latter since it was closer. Back at camp it was time for fire pit hot dogs, chips and marshmallows. That night it got pretty chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment